Welcome back! Whilst you were away we added the functionality to view auctions and bid in pounds.

We are hiring!

Forum (92830 berichten)

Populaire forums

Overige forums

andy2007 1 bericht

I'm a Catawiki buyer in Honk Kong, I've bought 12 lots since I joined Catawiki auction on Apr, 2017. I won a completed Christofle silver-plated coffee set, 5 items, order#7519325, from a fraudulent Dutch seller, all4jou, Sylvia S.O. [anonymised by moderator], living in Margraten, Netherlands. I won the lot on May 20 and paid US$2072 to Catawiki including commission and shipping cost, I received the parcel on June 13 and found that the tray was damaged, the seller said that it was caused during transportation, she agreed I sent back the complete parcel and repaid me the money she received from Catawiki. I repacked the parcel and sent by Hong Kong Post on June 23, she received the parcel on June 30, then said that 3 items in the parcel were missed, I reported to the Hong Kong Post and requested the seller reported to the Netherlands Post for a official damage report, I spent 3 months to urge her to get the official damage report, she never did it, not repaid me the money, not responded to my email since Sept 5.

I reported this issue to Catawiki on Jun 13 after I received the parcel from the seller, Catawiki said that since they had paid to the seller before I reported this issus, I have to solve this issue with the seller directly, they cannot help. I requested Catawiki to contact the seller since late September, Catawiki replied that they tried to contact the seller several times, and have not been able to reach the seller. The seller still active on the Catawiki Auction platform and still selling some items. I paid US$2072 for the lot and US$150 for the shipping cost to send back the parcel to the seller, I get nothing and no refund at this moment. I have complained this issue to Catawiki many times and requested Catawiki help to solve this issue but without any significant help.

Arco Catalogus manager 7,974 berichten

We’re not the auction house over here, just a bunch of collectors. I forwarded your text to Customer Support.

Reageer op onderwerp